The What's In Your (STORM)Water? classroom module helps to fulfill the following concepts in the Next Generation Science Standards:
3-ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
• 3-ESS3-1. Make a claim about the merit of a design solution that reduces the impacts of a weather-related hazard.
4-ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
• 4-ESS3-2. Generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans.
5-ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
• 5-ESS3-1. Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth’s resources and environment.
MS-LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
• MS-LS2-5. Evaluate competing design solutions for maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem services.
MS-ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
• MS-ESS3-3. Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment.